Friday, March 12, 2010

My Purpose in Starting a Blog

I want to talk to YOU - woman to woman, nose to nose, heart to heart. My purpose in writing, my deepest hope regarding this blog, is twofold: to encourage women that God’s word has meaning and truth for today in the very midst of this post-modern world in which we live; and to remind and rejuvenate and rekindle our hearts; to fan into flame our love for God and His Word. Because -

God is worthy of all of our trust. His Word applies to today. God and God alone strengthens weak and feeble knees of trembling faith - He props up the lame and makes straight paths for our feet. We have to truly believe down through our socks that this God who saved us is our complete ALL in ALL. That if we have Him, we have everything.

So lets talk. Come along with me shoulder to shoulder and lets walk together, strengthening each other, providing support and truth for the way.

“I would have despaired

Unless I had believed

I would see the goodness of the Lord

In the land of the living.

Wait for the Lord;

Be strong;

And let your heart take courage.” (Ps. 27)

All of our lives - every moment of every day - occur right here in the ‘land of the living’ - and right there is where God’s goodness dwells with us. Right there is where we do not walk alone through this desperate, dear life, because we have an ever-present Help-er in times of trouble. He is worthy of all of our hopes because He is able to provide all of our helps.

11 comments:

Laura Kae said...

Comments should work now. ;O]

cousinLynn said...

Laura....

It's your passion, and a gift, so I can't wait to see what is yet to come. I know I could certainly use the encouragement, as I'm sure most women could:-)

Loveyou,

Lynn

PS Are you going to be around the week of spring break??

cousinLynn said...

By the way, it says "cousin Lynn" because one of my cousins in the military is a blogger, too:-)

Anonymous said...

This wil be so much fun. If I can't glean from your wisdom in person, this is the next best thing!
--audrey
ps: my dd had to "hold my hand" to just write this comment ;0)

Bill Sweitzer said...

I was just reading in Isaiah 40 and it was so awesome to focus on Who the Lord is and what He does. In my journey on a website called Setting Captives Free I go each day to The Lord's Table and am dealing with the sin of gluttony in my life. The passage yesterday was many verses from Isaiah 40 and put my perspective right where it needed to be. How great our God is and how patient and loving. Praise His name....I'm so grateful.

(thanks Laura for this blog and your encouragement from the Lord)

Marsh :-)

Tammy said...

So thankful that God is using the many hours you have spent in His word for His glory. Love you!

Kathy said...

What a wonderful gift you have given us! I so enjoyed spending time reading your blog. I laughed and enjoyed reflecting on our loving Savior and the gift of His written Word. I look forward to reading many more additions to your blog. You are a gifted writer and a loving friend.
Thanks for sharing your love of Christ with us!
Blessings!

Ronda Stocker said...

I certainly can relate to your love affair with popcorn, so much so that the first thing Ro says when we(infrequently) go to a movie is... "no popcorn". Like it's a mortal sin.(Thou shalt not popcorn is in II Hesitations, I think.) :)

Ken

Ronda said...

I signed up to be notified on Yahoo each time you post a new article!

Excellent material, and so soul satisfying! I love the scripture you had as well...sooo nice.

You are such an en
couragement to me. I have encouraged many people to check out your blog. Hoping many more will benefit from your writing as I have.

Love you,
Ro

Laura Kae said...

Ken and Ronda - thanks so much for your words of encouragement. Ken - what's with her thinking that popcorn is a sin???? A giving in to the flesh???? I refuse to consider it as such. It cannot be...it just cannot be! ;O] Next time you go out to the movies with your wife, have a large bowl of popcorn in my name! Hee Hee We addicts must stand together against the ignorant masses. *Laura

Ronda said...

Well, Laura...we are suppose to be on this diet, and popcorn is not on the list, but that doesn't matter to Ken!=)Funny how that goes. Actually I love popcorn too, but i have learned if i dont start eating it I do ok, if I start I eat as much as I can!

So my hubby just came back from getting a movie to watch, and it's his birthday, and so he brought his birthday cake home, movie theater popcorn! You gotta love it!
ro